Saabs financial difficulties.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
The financial difficulties worsened for Saab a few days ago as they revealed they couldn't pay their staffs wages.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/jun/23/saab-admits-cannot-pay-wages-bankruptcy

Thankfully a big order has come in now and they are able to pay the wages now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13925141

I wouldn't be too happy working for Saab in the current climate. I wonder if we are going to see any more major collapses from car makers.

What are your thoughts on this issue?

I've always liked saabs as they were always a bit different from the norm. It would be shame to see them disappear.

I second that ^^ If only the Swedish Government would show some backbone and get more involved.

Today's governments seem to be turning their backs on their own businesses and concentrating too much on staying in office and paying lip service. Our lot didn't give a toss about MG-Rover, no complaints when other British car makers were bought by overseas companies. No wonder we only have intellectual property now and no manufacturing to speak of.

It had to be said. Today's manufacturing really rubs me up the wrong way. Once upon a time were the global leaders, pioneers and other nations followed. Now we have to watch the Chinese, they are growing at an alarming rate and don't need any imports as such. They look after themselves and don't do things by halves. We just stood still and watched everything leave these shores for the cheap european labour.

Aye, that TG piece about the E-type was fascinating but depressing, we went from leading the world to selling our birthright and heritage to the highest bidder.

Aye, that TG piece about the E-type was fascinating but depressing, we went from leading the world to selling our birthright and heritage to the highest bidder.

Indeed, and if someone had said to me 10 or so years ago for instance, that BMW would own Rolls Royce Motor Cars one day! I would have laughed them under the table and took that bet as a sucker bet! :sad2:

Being a Saab nut myself, I would be extremely sad to see Saab disappear. After seeing their exhibit at the NY auto show and seeing the general interest and amazement by the Phoenix Concept, I thought they were back on track. It seems as though Saab's days are numbered now.. :(

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back