Saab V6 Turbo onto 3.6L?

FloridaMan

Car
2005 LaCrosse CXS
I own a 2005 Buick LaCrosse with a 3.6L V6 under the hood, and I have been looking to add a bit of pep to its acceleration. A turbocharged V6 Saab recently rolled into the local junkyard, so since I know they both came from the GM High Feature family, I was curious if A) I could swap the turbo onto my car without much difficulty and B) what modifications I would need to make to do so.

At first thought it should be relatively straight forward seeing that the motor is the same/similar and should bolt up to the transmission BUT there may be some wiring and connectors that need sorting and you should use the turbos EMS as it is programmed/mapped to suit the higher demands re fuel and ignition of a boosted motor.

Please keep us updated on the swap.:)

Last edited:
Aaaaaand... Someone beat us to the parts. Didn't get a chance to go down there with money until yesterday, so we missed out. The turbo and related parts had already been pulled from the Saab. At some point, there WILL be a performance thread for my modifications to Jumba the shitty LaCrosse, but this is not the day