saab subframe brace

saabstricker

Car
saab 9-3 conv
hi just bought the 6 point sub frame brace of ebay :toung: frightening difference its made to my 9-3 convertible stop all the rattle and shake, drives like a racing car now, thinking of fitting poly bushes now anyone advise if they make a difference, the brace seems to have cured all my problems.

Hey and welcome

poly bushes will make the ride alot harder. some places do a range where youve got soft (slightly firmer than normal) to a racing hard version

Hi and welcome. I work to the addage "if it aint broke, don't fix it". When the bushed need replacing you should think about it but if you are currently happy with the ride then save your money.

Did it cost much to install the brace?

Hey and welcome

poly bushes will make the ride alot harder. some places do a range where youve got soft (slightly firmer than normal) to a racing hard version

Thanks no one told me this when I got a price great info - I will go a little firmer only I think as I have 17's with very low profiles on so the rides a bit hard already. Thanks again.

Hi and welcome. I work to the addage "if it aint broke, don't fix it". When the bushed need replacing you should think about it but if you are currently happy with the ride then save your money.

Did it cost much to install the brace?

Fitted it myself, brace cost me £160 so I may just wait to buy bushes but gone a bit obsessed as the brace has made such a difference. The 9-3 steers like a pram that's why I got the brace, just want to tweak it a bit more.

Last edited:
hi just bought the 6 point sub frame brace of ebay :toung: frightening difference its made to my 9-3 convertible stop all the rattle and shake, drives like a racing car now, thinking of fitting poly bushes now anyone advise if they make a difference, the brace seems to have cured all my problems.
hi fitting poly bushes will make massive differance to ur steering makes it slightly heavy and tight feel a must for ur saab will complament ur 6 point brace