Saab Remap Nightmare

RChadders77

Car
Saab 93 1.9 TiD
Hi all.

I have just had my Saab 9-3, 1.9 TiD remapped. Well we tried to remap it.

After this had been completed I took the car for a test drive. At first all was great. I could really tell the difference. Then an error message flashed up on the computer regarding the tracking and the car just cut out.

I have basically had to have the old file re-loaded onto the engine.

Can anyone help at all? Has this happened to you? I am pretty sure there must be a quick-ish fix.

Cheers

Greetings and Welcome! ;)

Firstly, If I am reading between the lines correctly! I gather that you installed a map yourself? Unless you have a great deal of experience in this field, the end results can end in tears, and the destruction of a perfectly good engine!

I personally, have used a company called Viezu in Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, 01527 579345! they discovered a few anomalies in the previous map by Hirsch and duly fixed these and enhanced the performance of my Saab 9-3 Aero considerably.

Alternatively, a fellow member on this forum called Rob Bentley, now does Remaps for lots of different cars and has received extremely good feedback from those who have used him. Send Rob a PM via the member contacts and hopefully he will be able to help and advise you as to the next best course to take!

Good Luck :)

Hi there.

Thanks for info. I actually had a mobile company come out, but they are unable to sort it and have never seen this happen before.

Blummin typical it happens to mine.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

It looks as if the tuner has loaded on a generic firmware set rather than writing a custom map. It's quite hard to understand how changing engine parameters would provoke warnings relating to chassis dynamics.

It looks as if the tuner has loaded on a generic firmware set rather than writing a custom map. It's quite hard to understand how changing engine parameters would provoke warnings relating to chassis dynamics.

Oldish thread I know.. but you've be surprised what strange effects a map can have.

On the face-lift 'original shape' Freelanders with the 112BHP BMW 2.0 TD4 coding the EGR out in the map causes the Hill Decent Control to fault. Found this out the hard way on my girlfriends car...

Strangely, unlike most modern stuff you can just blank off the EGR and it won't throw a CEL... which was my eventual solution.