Saab 93ss uprated suspension

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Hi guys, I currently have installed on my 93ss Aero 2003, Koni FSD shocks and Abbott Racing stiffened and lowered springs. These have been fine so far but I think it is time to move up a little in performance!

I have been thinking along the lines of some adjustable shocks with built in/on coils? and was wondering if this is a good way forward?

I like the idea of self adjustable shocks to fine tune the handling, but I am weary of adjusting one side slightly more than the other and therefore having a negative effect on the road holding/handling?

Are the adjustment on these types of shocks idiot proof? or am I worrying too much?

Your help as always, will be greatfully received :amuse:

Thanks for the advice I shall look into these! what I am looking for or should I say hoping for, is a system that clicks as you adjust it up or down, that way you can count off the clicks on each side as you adjust so you know that they are level, if that makes any sense? or maybe there is another system out there with a similar idea?

Suspension update: Well I had the entire suspension changed to the NEX adjustable system yesterday and was very glad I did!
Roundabouts, tight corners are now marvellous to negotiate, well worth the money.
I would also suggest to anybody, that it would be in your best interests to have the geometry checked after this kind of installation, too much negative camber and toe-in can have a tyre destroying effect on your car, so spend that little bit extra and have this done, it will be worth it! ;)

This is a photo of a set of the adjustable shocks that I had fitted recently from Neo Bros in Waltham Cross, UK.
Very happy with the cars handling performance now! :bigsmile:

Hi jarrus464, I have some photos on my profile now so please feel free to have a look around.
I have had Saab's for nearly 20 years and have never been disappointed, :)

I have to say I like the look of the car very much :) the twin pipes and the rear bumper are the best feature,
Which model is it?
I've been looking at a 9-5's as well as the 9-3's been looking at the 2.3 aero HOT ones

Many thanks for the compliment Brett, the car started off life as a 93ss Aero Automatic with Tiptronic registered in June 2003.
I leased it for my business for 3 years, loved the car so much that I just went crazy and bought the car off the leasing company for an absolute song! still remember the man's tears over the phone as I haggled him down! cash is king!! :lol:

From that moment on, it has been to various garages having loads of extensive work done to it by Abbott Racing, Neo Bros, Motormedia, Elite direct, Edgy Motors, Saabcity East London and Vulcan powder coating!

All of these companies are at the top of their profession! So if you decide to go Saab, these chaps will help you to unleash the massive potential that the car has! ;)

Awesome I will keep that in mind :)

About what power is yours pumping out? got to be getting on for 300 bhp
also does yours have an LSD?

It is indeed, now officially recorded at 296 bhp! the LSD I have given much thought about, but the chaps at Neo's advised against it as the whining from it is quite intrusive! I really appreciate them telling me the truth instead of just emptying my wallet for the sake off it!! still thinking about though? :blink1:

Awesome, I'm assuming you've looked at Quaffie's offering for an LSD, there supposed to be very good, both generation Focus RS' use them and as far as I know they don't make a noise, but the for the amount of power you've got there (I'm also assuming that you have in the region of 300 lbft torque) then I would say an ATB LSD from those guys would definitely be on the cards (for me it would be)

LSD = great idea
Nick has one in his viggen now and said it had a great difference putting power down.

296? congrats, looks like I have some catching up to do eh T9? ;) 230 wheel by end of summer looks like a good goal :amuse:

Cheers! I was indeed looking at the Quaife LSD as I would like to be able to get much more of the power down, :blink1:

I have started to make some more preliminary enquires with some garages about purchase and installation costs, as research has shown that the installation is quite time consuming and that it will be an all day job!

Also that all of the conversions that I have read about involve 5 & 6 speed manual gearboxes and mine is a 5 speed auto! not sure if that would make things easier or more difficult with regards to the installation and therefore costs? :confused:

I must admit to having never heard about an ATB LSD before? so I will look into this additional find also?

The best of luck with the 230 goal Aikmanson! Hope you get a little more than expected if at all possible, :blink1: