Saab 93ss Auto box modifications

T9 man

TC ModFather
Car
Saab 9-3SS T9
Hi guys, I am in need of some guidance with regards to a newly discovered problem with the Beast. I have had some remap work done to the car to edge me ever nearer to the 300bhp mark and I now stand at 280bhp. I have been told that if I attempt to go beyond the 300 mark, which was my full intention! then I will start to encounter reliability problems with my Aero auto tiptronic box :(

Any ideas on anyone who does a performance upgrade for this gearbox? was the advice from this chap merely airing on the side of caution?
Apparently if I had a standard manual gearbox then this would not be an issue, but as I have no intention of going back to another manual, unless of course I am behind the wheel of a Lambo, Ferrari, Zonda etc! then any help that you clever chaps out there can assist me with, would and always be, greatly appreciated ;)

Alright as far as I know, and i just did a bit of research as well, I cannot find anyone who does an auto box upgrade. Now, im sure that 300HP on the aero box would be fine, but this guy is probably using caution. Over 300HP could cause the box to fail and he probably does not want to be held reliable for it :) . Anyways I will look around but yeah... A manual box on an Aero can hold upwards of 400HP with no issues I have heard. I know genuinesaab.com built a Saab with 500+ HP on a NG900 manual gearbox.

Goodluck.

Goodnews indeed! many thanks for your help Aikmanson, I shall start moving things along a little quicker now to finally reach the 300 horses plus! ;)