Saab 9-3X

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

Good grief! :amazed: These engines are bullet proof, someone must have really really abused it. Who confirmed the problems you mentioned or are these guesses?

had it checked out by the mechanic who does all the servicing and also Saab dealership. cylinder 1 pressure test is half what it should be....before Tuesday when Saab GB went in to liquidation it was covered on warranty but now no-one wants to touch it. being told it might need a new block

I have had it from new and done 65K

Any ideas?

Well you might get away with just a change of rings on the piston. The thing is to find out the underlying cause of this, was it low on oil or the wrong type used?

There is a chap in Leicester called Malcolm Miles on tel: 0116 2839044 who is a Saab independent and has a good reputation. Not quite sure how far away he is from you, but he is the closet that I can find to you who others have recommended. Might be worth a call to see what he can do for you, failing this he might be able to suggest another chap nearer home for you.

had an oil change a few weeks ago and used recommended type, no warning lights just the whole car vibrated when it started up from cold....thanks for the contact will probably give him a call

This is most bizarre! there is another good chap in an around Leicester somewhere who also comes highly recommended but I can't access the website to obtain the contact details at the moment, it keeps reporting some SQL error. I shall keep trying for you and will post it up when I have it.