s3 dump valve

xedan

Wrench Pro
Car
bmw e36 2.8 sport
rite my other half has just bought a 225bhp s3 its running a bailey resert dump valve but she wants a atmostheric one but ive been told they dont idle and run badly with one! wots the truth behind this and also can she have anything done so it can have 1

You could possible get it mapped out to stop it looking for the extra air. but in truth no they dont run well with them

is she after the noise ?

if so, does cost a bit however, high quality CAI and front mount intercooler with the DV on the cold side of the intercooler on top of the remap. supposed to make it audible in the car

i was reading through a demon tweeks cataloge and it lists a thing for the later s3 engines so they can run a dump valve can i get one for her engine

the forge splitter valve
Forge-Splitter.png

yeah this can run better than normal dump valves but if they are open to much then you will have lumpy issues.

heres a video of it running

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyOzIHreUNs

no its called a blow off adaptor the write up says

designed for moden vag engines where fitment of an atmospheric valve may not be possible,these simple to fit adaptors allow the desirable atmospheric blow off sound with no negative effect on the engines management system.

does that sound any good and have you heard of these before they are made by forge