S2000 Gearbox

chrisp1000

Car
S2000
Hi, I have a 2003 S2000. The gearbox is having problems (notchy gear changes into 2nd, 3rd & 4th) and 5th stopped working completely. The fith gear thing turned out to be a worn synchromesh, the car has only done 34k! Honda then kindly screwed me over refusing to pay for the repair under the terms of the extended warranty they sold me.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has had this sort of problem with an S2000 box and if there is anywhere that I could get an uprated/replacment box for it. Better performance is not essential, though always appreciated, although a 7th gear to bring the revs down on the motorway would be nice.

Any help would be much appreciated.

whats the oil level like in the gearbox ? could be that its low or needing changed. this might help with the sticky gears.

think the gearbox was built just for the s2000 and there not very common in scrappys so finding replacment might not be that easy
try speaking to Quaife

Rather than a 7th gear I would just get the 6th gear lengthened. Gearboxes can be stripped and rebuilt with different gearing. You will only ever use 6th on the motorway anyway so it's not like you will lose performance from it (apart from a slightly lower top speed).

Have a chat with the guys at Quaife and if they can't I'm sure they can point you in the right direction.

mine was notchy i then took it on a 3 hour rag and it became sweet honda replaced my box and cluch in 05 cars 2001