Rude drivers are everywhere

billyo

Track Warrior
Is it the time of year or what? I stopped a few times today to let drivers through and not one of them even thanked me. People are just getting so rude. Are you a rude driver? Do you think its cos its winter or are people all depressed cos of the recession?

Rude drivers are everywhere and always have been. If I counted all the times I gave way to someone. The results would be that more of them hadn't waved back. I personally always wave if someone waits for me and give way to me. But you are right yes inconsiderate drivers are everywhere.

Gah, inconsiderate drivers really get my goat.

even more so, when, lets just say, certain drivers, seem to want to crash into me head on when I am filtering through a line of traffic jam.

an example, today, going to work, noticed there was a long jam up to a set of traffic lights (was work going on, on the lights) so I was filtering pretty much dead on the white line, and this landy driver, who was driving with about 2 foot off the white line, then, after seeing me filtering (100% legal on a bike) deliberatly try to push me into the stopped cars by driving on the white line.

why do that, If he were to have hit me, it would be more than manslaughter, it would me attempted murder IF I didnt die from it.

Gah, inconsiderate drivers really get my goat.

even more so, when, lets just say, certain drivers, seem to want to crash into me head on when I am filtering through a line of traffic jam.

an example, today, going to work, noticed there was a long jam up to a set of traffic lights (was work going on, on the lights) so I was filtering pretty much dead on the white line, and this landy driver, who was driving with about 2 foot off the white line, then, after seeing me filtering (100% legal on a bike) deliberatly try to push me into the stopped cars by driving on the white line.

why do that, If he were to have hit me, it would be more than manslaughter, it would me attempted murder IF I didnt die from it.

That's bloody rich, given how inobservant most car drivers are. Bikers are amongst the finest and most perceptive road users of all.

Is it the time of year or what? I stopped a few times today to let drivers through and not one of them even thanked me. People are just getting so rude. Are you a rude driver? Do you think its cos its winter or are people all depressed cos of the recession?
i hate that mate, and i usally cut them up for it too
ungreatfull ..........

I find mornings are the worst time for this. It does annoy me and I think that Taxi drivers are the worst of the bunch.

The most courteous drivers are HGV drivers who always thank me if I let them in/out or hang back at a junction to allow them to turn.
;)

I find mornings are the worst time for this. It does annoy me and I think that Taxi drivers are the worst of the bunch.

The most courteous drivers are HGV drivers who always thank me if I let them in/out or hang back at a junction to allow them to turn.
;)

Your right there Waynne but I find it's only the really big arctics that do it. I find that Non arctic hgv's don't really bother they are normally going to fast to wave at you they just carry on with Cb in one hand and a fag in the other like they own the road......

;)
you right. thats because next to no one lets them through, father in laws one and been out with him a couple of times and the amount that push their way through rather than just slow down and let the wagon throgh

over here taxi men are the worst, they think they own the road
is it like that over there adswell fellas???

taxis arnt so bad here because there just normal cars with a taxi license plate on the back.
but when black cabs are involved theyre like buses. push shove and squeeze

We're all at liberty to push a bit if we choose to do so. I make loads of space for wagon drivers - they've got 40 odd tonnes to shift and a dozen gearchanges to make to get back to cruising speed.

They, too, are capable and courteous road users - you very rarely meet a bad one. Contrast that with the school run, for example.

Don't get me started on the school run drivers. With their park it anywhere without indicating philosophy. And thats a another things with these parents who drive the massive 4x4................. [Post automatically edited and shortened as it was longer than the 8000mb of disk space we have left.:lol:]

My brother's car got wiped out by a white van man. Literally got rammed off the road and rolled it by the side of an A road. It was a nice car too. Well I thought so. Lovely blue Mazda 323F GT (BG).

Going back to the 4WDs - having driven one for a while I find a lot of people can't help but get out of your way when you're driving one, even when you're pulling in to let them go instead!

Last edited:
I hate the 4x4 owners that do the school run when they only live 1 or 2 streets away from the school...:mad: I mean is it that hard to walk round the corner to take your child to school? An there is no point painting the side of the roads at a school cause thay ignore the lines and park there anyway.......:mad:

Yep steve your right I use two wheels as well at times why they have to block I do not know usually I manage to go either side of them cos the other car moves over then they get the shake of the head or worse!
I must admit one did it at the last minute and laughed he lost his n/s wing mirror I let him pass me then made the point! (HD so my feet are forward not like chin ons!)

That's bloody rich, given how inobservant most car drivers are. Bikers are amongst the finest and most perceptive road users of all.

ummm, are you being sarcastic? cant quite tell the way its worded from the first bit lol.

but yes, If your not very very observant on a bike, quite simply, after a while you will be dead.