RS4 is back!

RobBentley

The Torque Meister
Car
Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
Hey All.

The RS4 is back on the road after I managed to CRACK the factory clutch... *woops*... fitted a Sachs sintered paddle clutch and FLIPPIN HELL was it aggressive to start with. Massive judder and pretty much on/off affair.

A bit of reading says they take circa 1000 miles to bed in, I hope so! It's better after 150 miles but still some judder if you try and move off with < 2k/rpm... certainly having to adapt my driving style at the moment..

.. but boy is it good to be back in it after 3 weeks off the road!

That's good news Rob, looking forward to the final analysis. Without the RS4 for 3 weeks eh, I feel your pain, I had my baby off the road for about 9 weeks a month or so ago while I was having some equipment fitted and I was climbing the walls.

That's a long time to be without the beast. Did you sort out anything on your carbon issues?

Common problem or random occurence? Sounds expensive lol. How many paddles on the clutch pal? 4 paddle clutches are a right PITA for everyday driving!

It's a Sachs sintered 6 paddle clutch with light weight single mass flywheel. Took it out again today... now has 320 miles on it. Still judders, but its nowhere near as aggressive as before. I can now pull away at ~ 1800rpm, at first I needed ~ 2800rpm and still had some judder.

I must say, the car feels significantly quicker with this clutch/flywheel. Not only can you launch it hard, but it appears to pickup revs much quicker.

Given the sudden performance boost... and the associated cost... I've put the carbon thing on the back-burner for now!

Last edited:
Stick some BG44K through it and also after the treatment rev it hard, that should do the trick and keep the carbon at bay. The problem with the carbon is only whilst the engine is in the warm up phase apparently.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back