rpm

ayrton

hey im wondering if any one could tell me what i would have to do to an eb2 1237cc engine to get a really maximum high rpm any help would be good cheers all

Hi Ayrton, To get the maximum revs the engine needs to be perfectly balanced. Pistons rods etc are weighed and matched. Then they are put on the crank and it is rotated to measure any inbalance and weight is added or removed as needed. You also need to ensure the injectors and all the valves are matched so each cylinder is putting out the same force. This will increase the redline of an engine by another 25-50%. Civic engines have short conrods so cope with higher RPM. The typeR engines are nicely setup and balanced from the factory.

Careful going too high on the RPM - even if you are near the redline & you do it on a regualr basis the engine will be knackered very quickly.

Faith - tell us more about a dry sump oil system. I'm curious about this never really looked into them myself.

well, the faster you can make your motor spin the more power you can make right, unfortunatly, most prodcution engines cant handle super high revs,
now its nearly impossable to modify honda o.e oil pump and system to generate the pressure to protect the engine running above 10,000 rpm the stock pump maxis out at around 85 pso when really u need to get the presser to about 115, 120 psi to be safe above 10,000 rpm

the dry pump works by storing it and seperating it in the tankleving the pan dry, a good dydtem to use is the barnes system stage 3 i ahve heard good things about it any way it is possable to keep the presser above 125 psiif needed.

any more info needed ???

Tell us all you know - I might do an article on dry sumps if anyone is interested. It means (if I understand them right :D ) the car can go lower - no sump to worry about :D Rev higher :D Run hotter I presume :) and I guess the oil has an electric pump so this saves drag from the crank.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back