Royal purple

crxuglykid

Car
1991 honda crx hf
Has anyone used troyal purple.the oil that they say boost performance and protection? Have u used it in a honda ? What kind of car? Did u feel the performance?is it worth the money? Talk 2 me guys?

is engine oil

have never used it it might give you more performance but you would never see it
but will give you better protection

is very dear stuff over here have only seen it at race meets or shows for tuned motors

You can get it for road use but I question whether it's any better than any other decent synthetic.

Royal Purple also makes a product called Purple Ice which is reduces surface tension of the engine coolant, thus providing better heat transfer between coolant parts and metal surfaces. It undoubtedly works but some have expressed concerns when used with OAT coolants, claiming that it could provoke early corrosion.

Of course, in a race situation you'd probably used plain distilled water and avoid anti-freeze altogether simply for it's (plain water's) better specific heat capacity. In this situation then a coolant booster would work well because the stuff is usually drained after each season or in savage conditions, after each race.

On of my favourite oil makers is AMSOIL. It's very expensive but I would have had the E39 filled with it apart from the fact that AMSOIL doesn't offer in the UK a BMW LL01 LL04 oil.

So I went for Castrol Edge 0w-40.

I'm not a big fan of Royal Purple, they are far too expensive and their oils aren't as good as they like to tell you they are. We had some of theirs tested and found they contained a high level of sulphur, under the harsh conditions in an engine the sulphur can produce acidic compounds, the last thing you want around the metal of the engine.

If you've seen the tests when RP are shown to be the best oils by miles, they are a load of rubbish (and are sponsored by RP). They use old fashioned oil tests that bear very little or no resemblence to what actually happens in the engine. Their claims about producing more power are nothing special either. If a car is running on a really thick, basic mineral oil and it produces X bhp, if a better, thinner oil is used you may gain a few bhp as there is less internal resistance. If the test is sponsored by an oil company, you may find that somehow the accelerator can be pressed a little further when the 'special' oil is used. Several companies make claims like that.

HDI Fun, we've got a couple of supercoolants like the RP stuff, the Redline Waterwetter is the most popular and well proven one, but the Motul Mocool is very good too, both knocking up to 15C off the running temperature.

Amsoil make a BMW LL04 spec oil that would be suitable, although the Castrol is a very good choice.

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-1044-amsoil-synthetic-engine-oil-afl-5w-40-european-formula.aspx

Cheers

Tim

Amsoil make a BMW LL04 spec oil that would be suitable, although the Castrol is a very good choice.

I just spotted that as well. Maybe next time around but I've literally just loaded the Castrol 0w/40 into it.

Can I buy one of your old stock Castrol 0w/30 turbo diesel ones as a top up oil? 528i petrol engine?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back