Rover 75

New to the forum. Not done a huge amount of custom work yet but some of what I have done took me a long time (doube din facia - they don't exsist on 75/ZTs). Facia still needs a bit of work and inline filter yet to be complete. Fitted new dash and steering wheel although I have no photos of hat yet.

_8038110.jpg

_8038108.jpg

_8038089.jpg

_8038069.jpg

nice, whats the v6 engine like? bet it give out some power, what else you gonna do to it?

Really neat job there. Welcome to TorqueCars and thank you for sharing. What are the running costs/reliability like on the V6's?

I like the KV6, I must say that the 2.0lt (mine) is a bit sluggish compared with the 2.5lt. Power is 147bhp before mods but has good torque; I think the 2.5 is 170. MG ZT KV6 give a 190 model. As far as reliability goes, the only engine problems I've had was a cracked thermo housing. The engine can be tough to get at so takes a bit of time for maintenance and can be pricey if a garage does the work.

does on average a thirsty 28mpg, 228co2 (it's pre 2001... phew) and loves premium fuel.

18" alloys and dual exits are next on the list but that depends if I decide not to switch to a ZT.

The facia took several hours over several days. A lot of tools and materials went into it. Thanks god for dremmel drills! They melt through the plastic.

yeah the 2.5 is nice in the ZT Bro in law had one for a while only changed it as he wanted something a bit smaller for more fun.

Facias looking nice like, reason im asking is im thinking about fitting a carputer and putting the moniter in the double din, moving the oil guages down to ashtray area and head unit to the glovebox. but it would mean fabricating a panel

I started my facia with the aim of a carputer but somehow got lost on the way. I still have the tiny motherboard and a few other pieces.

The one I made was based around a single din panel (below). I then cut it to shape and smoothed out the angles. A dremmel style cutting tool is perfect for plastics, it melts rather than cuts through it so is easy to shape. Milliput putty also came useful.

Rover-Facia-Adaptor-Rover-75-Fascia-Panel_180_6LQG.jpg

2 good site I've used before
http://www.itx-warehouse.co.uk/
http://linitx.com/