Rover 214i twincam 16v

Its a massive 103bhp which is pretty good for a 1.4. The redline (and this is a best guess) is around 7500rpm - its a Honda engine so revs highly.

yup 1.4 is either the single point injection k series or if its a newer one it will have the multi point injection k series.

they sound mental with a cone filter on, and rev so fast! i use to love my 214sei, well i did till it blew its head gasket, which it did nearly every 6 months, but then i ragged it hard :)
i saw 120 on the speedo and ran out of road on my private test track, that would probably have been nearer 110mph in truth though (in the days before sat nav was cheap!)

i live in Greece guys and have a rover 200 year 99 on the freeway it did 220kl/h with no trouble at all after a service my mechanic instead of coolant in the radiator saw it fit to change it with tap water causing the thermostat to get stuck closed and it blew the engine in 2 days time the secret for not blowing the headgasket is to have your mechanic check the bolts in the engine with a dinowrench every 25000ks since my engine change never had anymore problems cause i went to someone more trained on rover k series engines

Bad luck with that thermostat! I hope he gave you lots of free wrench time for fixing that!

Getting someone that knows the engines is a real boon. Too many mechanics just dabble and never really pick up any expertise!;)

wayne he didn't give me any wrench time or a penny for the engine change instead i had to kick his ass a little for personal satisfaction:twisted:
anyway i fitted a k18 engine and got the ecu re programmed with the factory lotus elise programming and with racing exhaust and free air filter i got to 178hp on the wheel i'm having alot of fun in it since i run over well upgraded honda crx's although i have the 1.4 gearbox which i suspect will give away very fast due to the larger amount of power, already hearing the bearing on the clutch :D

had a 214sli its was a great firstish car. had 120 mph on the clock, so prbaly 110-115 was the actual speed i got out of it. bent 8 valves doing that, and head and basicly just knackered it. but sorted it. the 1400's were all k series iirc.

wayne he didn't give me any wrench time or a penny for the engine change instead i had to kick his ass a little for personal satisfaction:twisted:
anyway i fitted a k18 engine and got the ecu re programmed with the factory lotus elise programming and with racing exhaust and free air filter i got to 178hp on the wheel i'm having alot of fun in it since i run over well upgraded honda crx's although i have the 1.4 gearbox which i suspect will give away very fast due to the larger amount of power, already hearing the bearing on the clutch :D

If your running the R65 gearbox it will take the power if your careful with your shifts but it would be very easy to but a hole in the side. Try & get a PG1 gear box it has Honda internals & will cope with more power. You may need to fettle the gear linkages but there is plenty of info around about them, chat to the guys at Moto Build for more info.

http://www.moto-build.com/