rover 200 for free

nig

Torque Junkie
Car
rover 200 1.4si ish
hi all... see this a some time ago in somone driveway for some time, so i knocked on door and started talking genrely about the car. to cut a long story short i got it for free ,well happy now as can do a rally project,

Last edited:
Nicely done. Unless that is you are 6 foot tall with a shaved head and were carrying a baseball bat for sports practice.

Is there much wrong with the car?

Nicely done. Unless that is you are 6 foot tall with a shaved head and were carrying a baseball bat for sports practice.

Is there much wrong with the car?

manage to get picture in my photos , been stood for months cam belt snaped dont know how bad very good inside just scruffie out side and a little body/bumper work

er wow lol ..... cant really complain with a free car no matter whats wrong with it especially if your thinking rally spec :)

wish i could get a free car off someone (ponders bout knocking on random peoples doors :))

what sort of things are you thinking about doing to it?

seem to be alot of people going rally style at the min, i keep getting asked bout rally graphics (got a primera gt and xsara to do in full rally livery over the next couple of months lol)

will be watching out for any progress threads you put up :)

er wow lol ..... cant really complain with a free car no matter whats wrong with it especially if your thinking rally spec :)

wish i could get a free car off someone (ponders bout knocking on random peoples doors :))

what sort of things are you thinking about doing to it?

seem to be alot of people going rally style at the min, i keep getting asked bout rally graphics (got a primera gt and xsara to do in full rally livery over the next couple of months lol)

will be watching out for any progress threads you put up :)

Make it light as poss first. any iders or comments welcome and will need to find out what size engine would fit . there will be more info on my site fore anyone who wishes to follow further nig.
and on the links page is a great car forum see you there

Most likely bent valves. Best off just getting a new head, its the same between 1.4/1.6 and 1.8 non vvc engines (apart from very early 1.4s)

Can fit a 1.8 non vvc (118bhp) or a vvc (143bhp) or a 160vvc (160bhp)

Also the t series turbo engine is a common conversion

Most likely bent valves. Best off just getting a new head, its the same between 1.4/1.6 and 1.8 non vvc engines (apart from very early 1.4s)

Can fit a 1.8 non vvc (118bhp) or a vvc (143bhp) or a 160vvc (160bhp)

Also the t series turbo engine is a common conversion
160 now were talking what engine 160vvc is that from any more info would be of great help

160 now were talking what engine 160vvc is that from any more info would be of great help

From MGTF 160s or zr 160s, also out of some elises. Come up on ebay every now and again

The 143 just needs a 52mm tb and manifold/induction sorting and it will be running about 155bhp with more torque than a 160.

All nice light engines as they are all aluminium.

BTW the t series turbo engine is not a hard conversion and is 200bhp standard :p

From MGTF 160s or zr 160s, also out of some elises. Come up on ebay every now and again

The 143 just needs a 52mm tb and manifold/induction sorting and it will be running about 155bhp with more torque than a 160.

All nice light engines as they are all aluminium.

BTW the t series turbo engine is not a hard conversion and is 200bhp standard :p
many thanks will keep all info for later in folder or on site.
do prefere torque more to bhp can see this being anothe 10 project lol