Rough idea on costs

Firstmod

Car
Ford S Max
Hi folks,

I'm planning my first modification on a 5 year old ford S Max. Looking at new sound system and speakers. Nothing too fancy. Can you advise on rough cost?

Also looking to understand whether built in navigation and telephone can be upgraded.

Thanks

I believe a company called Seicane offer some replacements for the S Max range, if you do a search on ebay I'm sure you'll turn up something interesting.

Get an amp and good bass speaker as a minimum, they will make up for the rest of the systems lack. Just swapping out the door speakers will make a big difference and it's quite an easy DIY job, as long as you know how to pop off the door cards - there are plenty of videos around for this.

Cost in this case is relatively subjective. Lots of variable there to consider. What kind of sound are u going for, for instance. You can get a bare bones set up for under $500 or you can get just an amplifier for over 2 grand. See what I mean. Sonicelectronix or similar sites can build u a complete system on a budget and the products would be specific to ur car if u use the filters. Even Crutchfield can help there.

For bass ur going to need an enclosure. U can get a pre fab one or build ur own. I build mine. If ur gonna buy one u can get one with an amp and sub all installed. Youtube is ur friend for this for sure.

Sound projects are like engine projects, it's not how much does it cost but how much do you want to spend.... Its almost skies the limit, but there is a cut off where there is no point, like putting top of the range B&M speakers in a 12 x 12 living room, you just ain't going to get the best out of them, so becomes a waste of money. Do a whole lot of research, don't rush. Spend wisely, take time to understand the unique problems faced with good music in cars. Good luck.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back