Roof Wax Polish.

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
As I'm taking my car to get some work done, and as the sun trap I left my car in for 4 months has eaten my roof, I decided to do something about it.

Still got a little work to do. I'll do the same on Sunday then give it some clay bar and a coat of pure wax.

The first is 1 coat. Second is 2 coats, third is 3 coats over half the roof, 4th is just a better picture of the 3rd, and the 5th is the whole thing with 3 coats and a wash. As you can see, the wash has taken some colour out, as expected, but if I do the same again in a few days, its should look like new :D

Attachments

• 01032012051.jpg
    01032012051.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 01032012052.jpg
    01032012052.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 01032012053.jpg
    01032012053.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 01032012054.jpg
    01032012054.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 01032012055.jpg
    01032012055.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1
I know loz. But I did what any half wit would do. I listned to my mate who said he had one big enough, waited untill the last day before I went and found out that it would struggle to cover a midget. Let alone a full sized saloon. Then while it was parked in a sun trap (in the middle of a sqare building) got baked for 8 hours a day for 4 months :(

I'll fix her! I'm sure MA or PG will be along soon, and they will know what my next step will be. This is just a cutting agent that I'm suing. Its a wax polish cut type thing. I think, after I get the colour rite after a wash, I need to claybar, then wax. I think :confused:

Little bit the wrong way mate, you need to wash, clay, wash then polish then wax. Are you doing it by hand? Fair play if so, it's possible with something abrasive but very hard work! It's about an hours work with a DA.

Got you. I washed, then Polished, then Washed. All by hand. My step dad has an electric buffer he said I can use, so I was going to do another 3 coats on sunday with that, then two coads of wax (wax by hand, not buffer) on Monday.

Sound right guys?

yup.
clay after the 1st wash to help take off the contaminants if your going to be using the buffer.
also if its a wool pad make sure youve got it on a slow speed as you can get and no pressure on it

Aye and just another thing, with the polish it's not so much a "coat" as a "pass", and you should be able to do the roof in one pass, maybe two at the most as the paint on these is very soft. Work in 12-18" squares, make one full pass slowly but at very light pressure and low speed if it is a wool pad, you're aiming to remove as very little paint as possible whilst still restoring the colour.

I did kind of MA. The first 12" patch was just a test patch.

I did the rest of that half of the roof in 12" patches in one pass, then another. Then the 3rd ''pass'' was done again, in 12" patches over the whole half of the roof. Then the same the other side. I only did it like that so you could see the difference! lol. And what a difference!

Just spoke to me Stop bro. He is prepping his BM for sale on Saturday, so will do it then. Ill try and get my wings done aswell. Then hopefully the whole red will look the same and I can give it a bloody good waxing on Sunday/Monday.