Road Angels, and Sat Nav's

Izo Azlion

Road Burner
Car
Golf GT TDI Sport
Hey Folks,

Seeing as the new car front is looking pretty good, I was wondering what your opinions are of the Road Angel speed cam detectors, and you experiance of the best Sat Nav for your money.

I've borrowed one thats sent me the wrong way off the A1 (Which I ignored) and down the wrong way of one way Streets. (Again, ignored) While I know there'll always be errors, my navigation is worse most the time! :p

Sorry if this isnt the appropriate forum!

Regards

Izo

alright

never used road angel units mainlyause theres no fxed cameras in d&g only mobile ones which road angels are no good as by the time theyve went off your caught

have used a navman sat nav and it was doing the same sent me down one way streets and had me going round a roundabout out side my flat for no reason at all even with the update it didnt know that there was a roundabout on the a702 which was done 3-4 years ago

used pam pilot on my phone it was much the same silly errors

best one i have used it autoroute on the laptop with the gps reciver

big screen no fiddly buttons only prob was it didnt auto reroute had to ask it to do it

I rate the Garmin sat navs - they are small compact have European maps and ou can even buy OS maps for orienteering. You can download speed camera locations to many GPS mapping devices so you don't need a separate one in the car.

I have a NAVMAN on my Ipaq PDA which is ok but slow to startup and a bit out of date now with all these new roads and they want £90 to update the maps!

if i were you i would look on the internet for a site which compares dif 1s that way u will find the best 1 for you but b a lil careful because sometimes when people compare things they make the 1 they are selling sound better so look for a site which wont b bias

Had a play wiht a TomTom and it was pretty easy to use - only thing was that the nearest hospital to me is Calais? (Its a bit too far to swim though!) I think the Garmin is still my fave - slim & sexy!

I rate the Garmin sat navs - they are small compact have European maps and ou can even buy OS maps for orienteering. You can download speed camera locations to many GPS mapping devices so you don't need a separate one in the car.

Huzzar!!! I hadn't realised!! Thanks to this thread, I've successfully updated my Garmin Nuvi with over 4,000 Speed Camera points!!!

POI Database courtesy of: http://www.poigenie.co.uk/speed_cameras - registration is free!!

My word, this forum is great!!!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back