Rims & Supsension

you can go wrong with 17'' oz superturismo gt in matt white wrapped in low profile coper sport tyres

thats the stuff wet dreams are made of :shock:

i take it the corsas a corsa b shape yeah its possible my girl friends corsa was lowered 35 on 17s but the arch trims have to be taken off trimed up the screw bits taken off and bonded back on and u need to trim the metal a little bit the max power corsa manual shows uyou in depth how to do this hope that helps.

yeah rear beam alot easyer to lower your your self but tend not to be able to go as low unless u get height adjustable rear coil overs

what is best on a corsa a 40mm all round lower or a 40mm front and 60mm rear im going to fit 15's or 16's with real grippy rubber like dunlop sports

Hi daveb - why do you want the back lower than the front? Remember that your old springs are compressed from what they should be which is why the front looks lower. They should ideally be both around the same height and 40mm is fine on all but the SXi and SRi where I recommend 35mm as the standard suspension is already lowered.

i dont want the front lower its just i found a lowering kit from a german upplier that stated that it was a 60mm front and 40mm rear lowering kit thats why i asked

Thats strange. Any other Corsa Owners here that have found this?

I'd really recommend that you go for adjustable shocks all round and set the car up how you want. You also get what you pay for and with suspension - cheap is far from cheerful.

Have seen a couple of kits for various cars that do this, front lower than the back. could be to look sportier or so you can still put heavier stuff in the boot.

id go with 15" but 16" should fit with low profiles tyres

That would make sense but aerodymics don't come into the equation till you hit 70mph or so.

The mesh is usually added and not many kits come with mesh. Were you planning to leave it open? A stone can cause havock in your engine bay :(

on the corsa i had i had it 40 front 60 rear made the car look level other wise the front always looks lower i would go for 16s as well thats what my corsa was on and they were big enough to fill the arch but not to big to scrub and as for kits try irmscher parts or a good old gsi kit no mesh and looks cool

on the corsa i had i had it 40 front 60 rear made the car look level other wise the front always looks lower i would go for 16s as well thats what my corsa was on and they were big enough to fill the arch but not to big to scrub and as for kits try irmscher parts or a good old gsi kit no mesh and looks cool

exactly the same as the mk3 astra 40mm on front and 60mm rear otherwise the car dosent look right perhaps this is a vaux thing :confused:

16inch speed line allesios are all the trend in vauxhall clubs for corsas and novas or irmcher soft stars no body kits a nice subtle gsi kit or irmcher front lip spoiler skirts and rear bumper extension

any1 know of any vauxhall clubs that give good advice etc. thanks

got complimented on my parking the other day
parking fine of £50 what a prick

The irmscher kits are very good, nicely built and of good quality. Have a look at some of the Corsas on www.carstylingtips.com - there are quite a few with very original styling.

Your paint finish is critical in a styling project, have you got any colour preferences?

Suspension mods should be at the top of your list then. Adjustable shocks are the best option.

Next up go with a brake upgrade - you need to improve the stopping as the standard brakes are not up to heavy use.;)

dave, go 17", here in SA, 90% of the guys fit 17". looks awesome, also the corsa comes standard with a drop and there's no rubbing issues. 17" FTW.

hi mate, if its vauxhall advice your after, try migweb.co.uk
i joined there when i got my corsa in june and tbh, if you cant get the info you need on that site, your an idiot! lol
bodykits on corsas look gay... thats the general concensus on vauxhall forums anyway lol
the gsi kit is about the best you can get without making it look like it came out of a cereal box.or as said the irmscher spitters, theres even an irmscher bumper for the corsa b which is by far the sexiest bumper ive ever seen for a corsa!
your best bet for handling is a 40mm drop all round, on some nice 16's running 195/45/16 tyres. also, a strut brace up front does wonders.oh an get wheels as close as humanly possible to an ET49 offset, that way rubbing problems are eliminated. problem is not many wheel manufacturers cater to an ET49, pro best you'll find aftermarket is ET45, but that'll do if its 16's on 40mm drop.
mine were ET40 with 40mm drop an they rubbed on bumps lol couldnt take more than a front seat pssenger...oops
IMO with a corsa its all about the small things, de badging, de stripping, tinted lights (NOT lexus!!!!), indicators etc etc. smooth and subtle is the way ahead. heres pics of mine, (only top photo shows it lowered)but i hated it, i wanted to remove the skirts, rear bumper an replace with gsi stuff. but got rid before i really started....
DSC00170.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back