Rexton 2.7(165Bhp) Tuning

bax

Torque Junkie
Car
Rexton 270xdi 2005
It seems i posted in the wrong section before so here i am in Diesel land seeking help .

I seek to Tune my 2005 Ssangyong Rexton 270Xdi(165hp with 341Nm) its the same engine you find on a Mercedes ML270 same transmission awell Engine is called D27DT while the Turbo is a Garret GT2056S .

I have Remapped the Car to Ecomap Increasing the power while maintaining good Mpg it now has 186HP and 392Nm ,EGR delete and Aluminum pipes for the Intercooler/Turbo , i also Replaced the Paper filter with a K&N drop in filter (Open Pod was too noisy on a Diesel so i removed it ).

I dont seek a massive Increase in power 30-50 more Hp sounds good to me , can i get that much with a Bigger exhaust system or maybe theres a Turbo out there that can do the Job , someone Recommended the HX35 turbo any comments on that ?

your thoughts and Opinions are Appreciated

I cannot help you directly buddy, but we do have several diesel gurus on here so hopefully you won't have to wait too long for a constructive reply :)

Reactions: bax
No worries bro T9 ive been going through threads around the forum i realized Diesel isnt your Specialty :) but i thank you for your attention , makes waiting alot easier xD

For that power gain you would be looking at a turbo upgrade, not sure of the specifics for that engine or if the injectors would be up to it. I'll ask around for you and see what I can turn up. Sorry I missed this thread.

Thank you waynne , i should mention that the Remap done is an Eco one (it improves power and Fuel consumption) , i have the option for another map that will grant me 200Hp instead of the original 165hp on the cost of Fuel consumption .. im planning on installing that map with boost control to use it when needed .. thing is i want to get to 220HP so theres still Hp to go , staying away from Open pod for Intake cuz it was way too noisy for daily drive

I wanted to update this for future reference and such , as mentioned before theres was another choice in the possible remaps , however after talking to the expert he told me there was another map that was more responsive and aggressive estimated at 220HP and 460Nm , only down side is that ill need to grease the drive shaft often to avoid causing damage to it .. well that plus the drop in Fuel consumption ..

ive had this map for almost half a year now , it was great my acceleration improved so much
This is what its like in Original state
This is my Car after the aggressive Remap

Ignore the different dashboards its the same vehicle , basically my car is now 20 seconds faster at accelerating from 0-190Kmh than it was in its original state , which is great but theres still that itch ... i still desire more power and even faster acceleration :p