Restrictions

creature

Torque Junkie
Car
mg zs 1.8
Apparantly all cars are restricted, i have been told that the throttle body restricts the mg zs can anyone confirm that?

The only restriction was on the 1.4's some had 83bhp, due to a restriction in the throttle body.

Yours won't be restricted in that way.

Cheers
Dave

It's not that cars are restricted as such.. They are more setup for economy from the factory. This is why in some cases a simple remap can achieve quite alot of gains....

It will only be seen as a restriction if the bore of the throttle body is smaller than that of the mating inlet bore. If they are matched then all is fine. However if you can get a throttle body that is slightly bigger and are able to taper this perfectly to suit the inlet bore then it may see a gain, but is it really worth it?

The KV6 can take 6 off throttle bodies in place of the plenum unit, this makes a huge difference when coupled with cams and a custom ecu, if you have the money you can take this engine into BTCC territory...............I wish! :D

o trust me i have the money, just unfortunatly im still a liability to insurance companies. im just not willing to spend money needlessly without gain otherwise id have none left and that wouldnt make me very happy lol.

Yours is the 1.8 k seires engine right?

The solid cam and 143 vvc engines had a 48mm Tb, swapping to a 52mm TB (as found on 160vvc engines) will free up a good amount of power. The 56mm TB from early 1.4 engines with a metal inlet mani and also 2.0 t series engines will also help but you can get issues with the sensors on them.

52mm TBs go for around £90-120 on the bay and 56mm Tbs go for around £20-30

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back