respraying panels

steve09

Track Warrior
Car
Honda NSR 125R
I am set to pick up my motorbike on friday to start a job on sunday, but the thing is im not too keen on the colour scheme. (you can see it in the gallery)

so i was thinking of giving it a respray, the only thing is i have never done it before, so what I was going to start on was the fairings(the plastic body work) as they only take a few bolts to undo and there off.

i was wondering does anyone know about respray's as i am going to be doing it myself.

i know about the clean area (like special sheets all around to stop dust and that.)

but how do i sand down to get the paint to stick an stuff like that?

Take your time.
Wet and dry paper is good for sanding down. what your looking for is a slightly rough surface so the primer has a larger surface area to stick to.
give it a good few coats of primer, giving a quick rub ibetween all coats
same with the paint itself and finally lots of coats of clear coat.

And remember that thinner coats are better than thick ones

and dont spray it candy red i did that over a sliver base coat it come out pink so i sprayed it silver again did not come out to bad for my 1st spray job only 3 runs and it had a good shine as well main thing is take your time

aye thanks for the info, but now i have chosen a different bike and I like the colour scheme, (is in the gallery) might just take a few of the stickers of and keep it the same.

looks rather tasty.