replacement carb for k10 micra

skinsley

Car
MICRA GSX k10
id like to change the carb, so is there a good replacement and hoping to gain a few bhp too. im saving for a cam and would like to change the carb at the same time if you think i should change anything else leave a post

Doing the carb and cam is a good bet. Do you know what carb is on there at the moment? I doubt a twin 40 (the best imho would work on the K10) but there are bound to be bigger/better carbs around than the standard one. What year is the Micra?

hi the micra is 1989 gsx the carb is a hitachi dcz 306-81 its a twin barrel downdraught type auto choke and anti dieseling device?, i dont mind changing the whole fuleing system if it helps what type of carb i can use?

I've done a bit of digging around for you and there are not a lot of bold on replacement carbs that I can find.

I think you would be better of getting some better flowing manifolds and a sports exhaust for this. That said you only have about 50bhp at the moment and the best you can hope for with a lot of expenditure is about 70bhp.

A 1.2 engine or bigger would be cheaper and give a better power gain.

Try to source a k11 janspeed maifold I'm told that these will fit the K10 ports.

ok so that idea out the window? i just lost my job so on a budget hoped i could do something with the engine,keep it o'rigin'alay. spose engine swap? bike engine??hmmm
have to ponder that.
not many nissans in the scrapyards round here and if i was to fit new engine id like it to be one where there are lots of mods for it what should i be looking for? id like to keep it in the nissan family but is not a must. thanx

that is some crazzy car. i need a bike and a capri rear axle. shame i got rid of a 2l capri last year

Last edited by a moderator: