Renaults with FAP

chariot

Car
dci130 g.scenic
hi guys i have a dci130 renault which has Fap,now the fap is totally blocked and wont drive at the minute and renault want £850 to fit a new one :(

just wondered if anyones found a way of removing it/bypassing it and still running there car ok or a tuning place that would be able to change ecu settings etc

thanks for your help

Fap hater :)

See what a local garage would charge to change the FAP. Parts gateway are a great way to find cheap parts it works like 247parts but much better (without the ripoff premium rate telephone number and complete failure to pass on leads to the traders concerned.)

unfortunately its a dealer only part ive tried everywhere,hence looking for a way to get rid of the annoying thing

cheers anyway

hi guys i have a dci130 renault which has Fap,now the fap is totally blocked and wont drive at the minute and renault want £850 to fit a new one :(

just wondered if anyones found a way of removing it/bypassing it and still running there car ok or a tuning place that would be able to change ecu settings etc

thanks for your help

Fap hater :)

How has it got blocked? Have you tried salvage yards for the part?

yea they are suppose to clean themselves when driving down motorway,the week it went i was doing local journeys and it just clogged it self up that much it came to a stop.

i think of taking it off and ramming some compressed air through it

and yes fap is the particle filter,as for salvage im finding it very hard to find one as they were introduced on the 55 reg onwards

thanks

It really shouldn't block itself. The fap is suppose to last as long as the car. It is designed and built so it should not need replacing. Even on a 55 plate there will be an accident damaged one around.

yea not sure why it totally blocked,didnt do a good run for a while and my glow plugs were in need of changing,might just of all contributed to blocking up,ill keep looking for a replacement as i refuse to pay 850 for a new one

just wish someone would find a way to bypass it so i dont have to think about it again

yea not sure why it totally blocked,didnt do a good run for a while and my glow plugs were in need of changing,might just of all contributed to blocking up,ill keep looking for a replacement as i refuse to pay 850 for a new one

just wish someone would find a way to bypass it so i dont have to think about it again

I don't think you can bypass it as it's a diesel and it's there for emmisions.
My point being though it shouldn't be blocked at all no matter how far or not driven. Can you not take it off yourself and clean it out?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back