Renault Megane Coupe 1.6 8v

ryanashley

Car
Megane Coupe
Bought my 1st french car a month ago and was wondering how i can get easy performance gain out of the thing ? de cat maybe ? ;) im a mechanic so can do the work myself just don't know where 2 start never owned french hot hatch lol

hey and welcome to the site mate

what engine are we talking about ? would say cams would be the biggest gains
decat would only give a couple of bhp

thanks pgarner 4 the welcome.
the engine is the k7m version just need some pointers in where 2 tune them. I don't know what works and doesn't work with these engines, don't want to waste time n money finding out either lol. any advice is gratefully recieved.

You wont really get much gains a friend of mine has got the 1.6 16v version which has got race cams,pipercross cone filter,lowered 40mm all round was tuned by K-tech racing and has gone from 110bhp to about 130bhp so 20bhp gain and cost about 4 grand my renault laguna 1.8 started with 122bhp and with exhaust and panel filter now estimate to around 128.7bhp

im not up with the technical side of things as to specific engines and the like, but if thats the same engine i had in my first megane careful not to race it too much... brilliant as standard in the real world, not so good on paper, but does like to blow the head gasket... so if u do take it apart definatly make that stronger before u try adding any sort of power to it...

Not worth of money to put in it. I have the same engine. Without the cat it goes like hell, but with cat I loose 10 km/H on top speed. You can put some light alloy wheels and K&N panel filter but that's it.