Removing resonator??

S

snopro879

Hey, you'll probably all laugh at me but I have a 97 deathscort and I just can't hear the darn thing running, its way too quiet. I want to add a bit a braap to the car, but I want to leave it totally stock. I bought this low mileage car for the gas mileage, and I want it to last for as long as possible, so I don't want to alter the backpressure or anything, but if I was to cut out the resonator will it give it some more sound without affecting the way the car runs. And if it would affect how the car runs...to what extent would it? Thanks.

SO you want to mod the car without modding it? Hmmm. Taking out the resonator will have an effect and lose back pressure reducing your MPG.

To combat this you could fit a restricive central pipe from downpipe cat end to resonator or between resonator and the back box, and go for a larger resonator to give a deeper sound but I think you would still need to get a different back box to get a benefit.

You could remove sound deadening from the car, get rid of carpets etc - it would sound more 'sporty' (LOUD!)

I think the cheap and easy option is to stick on an aftermarket backbox to give the car a throaty roar. Do'nt go over a 2 inch exit pipe though.

You could cut out the sound deadening in the standard exhaust box or jsut screwdriver straight through (A LAST RESORT AS THIS IS A PERMENANT MODIFICATION and we accept no responsibilty for these daft/desparate suggestions etc....).

If the air intake pipe is facing you it gives a little induction noise - piece of piping 0.5m that is U bend and gaffer tape will do - the induction length will be increased and you will be sucking in warmer air from the engine bay so expect slightly less power and more economy!

yep drill a few holes in the backbox is the cheapest.

this post may not reflect the veiws of torquecars, its owner or any of its affiliates, and may be none of your business anyway :p

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back