Removing oil filters

I saw your post and I thought of that straight away, surely someone else was thinking it as well...
I mean it couldn't have been more obvious,

(sorry my spelling is rubbish)

We have to pull about 40 or 50 a day. On 90% we use the type that looks like curved pliers. Another small percent require the chain or rubber strap. Then there are some that require the screwdriver punched through it.

One required a pipe wrench after disintegrating the filter. Turns out they had put the filter on with locktite.

You should always put oil on the new filter gasket, and never tighten more than it indicates on the filter. That amount varies from filter to filter

Hand tight is enough, but then I would suggest just slightly looser (and I do mean slightly) as the filter will get "glued" there somewhat, mines not so much a problem as it gets changed every 6k miles. Probably overkill on the oil I use but it's what peugoet recommend and my car runs a smoky tune so is better for it.

usually can undo by hand ,to us a tool on them is sometimes awkward because of where they are!i put a relocation kit on my skyline to make it easier!!.

Every filter has an arrow and instructions as to how much of a turn it requires. It depends on the gasket. sometimes 1/2 turn, sometimes 3/4, etc. Look at the filter.
page165-1042-full.jpg

The BMW's filter (M52TUB engine) is located in a 'bucket' right at the top adjacent to the PAS reservoir. This is brilliant, for me, anyway. Even I can get a 32mm socket onto the lid - open it - lift out the filter element and drop in a new one, taking no more than about 10 minutes in the process.

Similar to mine mate. I used an inside-out sandwich bag, put my hand inside, pulled the old filter out, turn the bag the right way and put a tie on the top. Job done.

best way i have find works quick is an old cam belt and spanner, works 90 % of the time, for the other 10% ill go with the screwdriver and hammer.

Usually hand tight so easy to undo,have used different types of undoing devices over the years,but a chain wrench was always the best,bought a claw type thing from halfords to do the capri it cost about £24 a few years back!it was useless its sat in the garage collecting dust.I bet most people have got tools like that kickin around!.