removing middle box

TERKIN

Tuner
Car
nexia16V&gsi cavvy
HELLO :) exhaust middle box

has any one done it !!!!!! if so do u no if there is any performance to be gained and how bout sound lol

sound will increase.
performance will stay pretty much the same
its common to ask how you want it to sound when getting custom ones made. the resonators (silencers) are removed to make it louder

Depends if you are doing this to your Red Top Cav (the GSI) If you are removing the centre section on this car, it's very easy aslong as you have purchased a replacement part made for your car.

All you need to do is jack up one side of the car and get a 13mm ratchet then there is 3 bolts on each flange, undo them and the centre section should just drop out.

If you have an exhaust that has been connected just by sliding one section into another but with exhaust clamps, then just undo the back box end first (closest to the rear) then push the back box towards the back of the car and it will just slide off, then do the same with the other join and bobs ya uncle ;)

Again, if you are doing this to your GSi, I would higly recommend you get the power cap from Courtenay for the inlet, the custom inlet manifold, uprated downpipe and a sports cat, then get it mapped, should see you a nice healthy 15-20bhp ;) Then you can think about cams etc :)

2 resonators mean the back box can be smaller. I did the reverse on my Astra:eek: No back box and a cavalier front resonator - it sounded great.

ok thanks alot:p its for the nexia lol i do have plans to get the cav a full system when i get the money,

hes a piccy of the one on the nexia, now the prob is tht its welded on, any one have an idea on this thanks. i was hoping to cut it out and run a straight pipe in its place wot do ppl think of tht? cheers

2ewktc4.gif

cheers waynne

does flexi pipe bend,will i be able to use it to bend round the back axle becuse thts me only prob!

cheers

nope i doubt there will be enough flexi in the pipe to bend it round. it would need to be bent properly.
flexi pipes are jus t to allow some movement usually with the engine moving

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back