removing hydro carbons

andyalbone

Track Warrior
Car
Honda Integra dc5
so ive just watched wheeler dealers and they have a jag xkr and they use a machine to remove hydro carbons has any1 else had this done or plan on doing it?

What do you mean by 'remove hydrocarbons' ? Do you perhaps mean removng carbon deposits from the combustion chambers in order to reduce emissions?

Buy a FUEL CAT , put it in the line into the injectors or carbs , one of its main jobs is to get rid of the carbon build up. My TDI's emissions dropped so much I now pay, ( via on line purchase), £194 road tax not £225 as I did before the mot in May, check out the web site,its a great bit of kit !

The BG intake clean uses some sort of device to get into the engine and do a deep clean, not sure if it's a jet or brush or how it works but it is quite effective.

It's only worth doing on engines that have a substantial carbon build up though, if it burns clean you're wasting your time paying out for a clean. Good quality fuel contains lots of cleaners and additives that help minimise the deposits.

Good quality fuel contains lots of cleaners and additives that help minimise the deposits.

This....
More people need to start using Shell or Texco or any other non supermarket station to fill up
I have a friend who drives the tankers that delivers fuel to different places (he drops at all the companies including supermarkets) he said now since the new legislation (was a few years ago now) petrol and diesel has to meet a minimum eu standard in terms of quality (its why years ago the supermarkets were way way cheaper rather than a couple of pence because they were selling crap fuel)

He tells me now the raw product sold in supermarkets is the same, however each big oil company (shell, esso etc) have there own special additives that are used and is why it costs a little more to fill up there,