Remote Start w/Manual Transmission

Wcnwzrd

Track Warrior
Car
95 300zx TT (RIP)
Hey all,
Did some searching and found some good info and some bad info on putting a remote start into a car with a Manual Transmission. I know the bad parts about them, but as I will soon be having an hour+ drive each way when I start school won't have to worry to much about build up and plan to change the oil often in my next car anyhow. Will be moving to a 90 degree (F) (32 C) plus area in the summer and 60 F (15 C) in the winter.

Don't mind the cold to much but would be nice to roll down the windows and start up the A/C as im heading out to the parking lot.

Also, the alarm system I'm looking at (http://www.viper.com/P-5902V/Viper-...de-Sst-2-way-Security-And-Remote-Start-System) has one built in. I know I can leave it disabled if need be but would really like to get everything out of the system.

What I would like to know is aside from the clutch bypass (most likely mod) what else would have a high probability of needing install to get this to work. Will most likely need a sensor for gear position but not sure to go with one that instals at the tranny or a few of the custome ones that I can make that instal just under the shift boot. (Don't know if the tranny will be swapped yet)

some systems have a gear detection system built in (in order to make sure it is in park/neutral) not sure if this one does just read that some do. I have read both of the hack-a-day ones and they seem a bit extreme for what i want. of course the infrared one would be nice for a gear indicator on the dash.

If i am able to bypass/remove the gear sensor from the curcuit (if it has one) i will, but was just looking for input from some of the members that have them installed or have installed them. The bypass on the clutch switch would be more for the vehicles that require the clutch to be engaged in order to start.