Reminder re lights

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
I posted some time ago on how to check if all lights are working and today on a 230klm drive I saw so many vehicles with faulty lights that renders them a defective vehicle and may end up with a unroadworthy fine so I thought that a friendly reminder wouldn't go astray :) .

It doesn't wash when a female says it's my partners job to do that as you are the one driving and the responsibility is yours to ensure it's in a roadworthy condition at all times it is driven.

Cars have become so reliable now with 6 & 12 monthly services that many people appear to have become complacent and fail to do regular checks of the basics like ALL of the fluid levels including motor,radiator,screen washers,brake& clutch resiviors along with tyre pressures and lights.

FYI before opening the garage door I turn on the ignition BUT DO NOT START THE ENGINE and test all lights on the wall in front and the door behind Simple but sadly basic commonsense things like that don't seem to be taught as part of the test.

PS for single ladies and clueless males some spare parts outlets will supply and fit blown bulbs |B

Last edited:
I've seen quite a few with dead bulbs, the sad thing is I know a lot of these models have a dashboard warning and audible beep to warn the driver, so people are just ignoring this. :eek: