Remapping a Nissan Juke for better economy

Dougalkerr

Car
Civic Hybrid
Sorry didn't notice this was the Focus forum. I'll hike on outa here.
Hi folks - my first time here so, I hope this doesn't sound stupid.

My wife and I are buying a Nissan Juke 1.6 Dig-T and others on one of the Jukeownersforums are saying the fuel economy is terrible.

Okay Nissan are not holding anything back coz the figures are in black and white for all to see but, as is to be expected there are big differences between one driver and the next with an average figure around 28 to 35 mpg in daily traffic.

I don't know if anyone has had a chance yet to consider remapping a Juke and boy what a boost it would probably get if remapped for even better performance. That's by the way here though as I'm interested in remapping for better economy. The speed taking a hit doesn't matter too much coz it is the 4WD system we have bought the car for and we think it looks different to much else on the road too.

So what's the thinking? How would we go about getting it done if we were to go ahead and what might be a rough cost. Will it be noticed at service time and what should we do about that?

Thanks for looking.

If the Juke is turbo charged then there are large gains to be had by remapping (potentially with both economy and more power). If the engine is NASP though I doubt a remap will make much of a difference. Running the engine hotter with a different thermostat will make a difference to the economy.