Remapped!

Yugguy

Torque King
Car
Merc C220Cdi Elegan
Well ive just had my focus remapped from 115bhp and 220nm to 140/300.

No smoke and 3rd gear acceleration is transformed.

Pretty chuffed as the guy came out to me and did it while i was at work. 199 quid.

Awesome any downsides noticable yet? What's it done to your fuel economy? Who did it for you?

Dunno yet, it was only done today. It'll be interesting to see the cruising mpg on the way home tonight. I shall report back my findings (;-》

Was done by midlandremaps.

Well ive just had my focus remapped from 115bhp and 220nm to 140/300.

No smoke and 3rd gear acceleration is transformed.

Pretty chuffed as the guy came out to me and did it while i was at work. 199 quid.

That's the magic with diesels. £199 later and a tea break, and your car is twice a powerful!

Whats the pull like in 3rd? :D

Tis a lot better aye. And i managed to get the same mpg despite going quicker than normal. Its still no rocket ship but its a lot nicer to drive.

Thats one of the benefits I guess, really. Makes the car feel so much more pleasant to drive.

That is a result! Nice one! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW!

that is a result! Nice one! Want mine done now! Want mine done now! Want mine done now! Want mine done now! Want mine done now! Want mine done now! Want mine done now!

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

:lol:

Sadly it's a question of Money! :( If I had some I would! ;) The piggy bank is starting to grow though - insurance goes up £90 and the remaps I'm looking at are around £250 down our way!

That is a result! Nice one! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW! WANT MINE DONE NOW!

Give my son a call - TorqueCars rate :)

PM me

I put a foam filter in today too and i know youve all said that it makes no difference on a turboed engine but the filter and intake pipes are quite small so shurely a big fat bmc cda 150 would make a difference? Admittedly the pipes to the intercooler arent that big neither.

I'm wary of aftermarket filter upgrades.

Interesting articles here.....

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest1.htm

and

http://mymiata.paladinmicro.com/K&NComments.htm

Well... After reading that, I think I am going to chuck mine now. Utterly shocked that all filters, even the OEM filter sucked, not just in 'performance', but overall filtering properties.

So... what is the best filter to use to gain a small amount of power, and noise, yet providing decent filtration?

On the MG's the guru's swear by ITG maxogens and BMC CDA enclosed kits. Which have been proven to enhance power a little.

The question still remains, of whats being sucked into my engine? Not every element can be filtered, ofcourse.

I actually use OEM paper filters :blink:

Mahle and UFI are OEM fitments for my car and I have to take it on trust that BMW knows what it's doing as there's no other alternative for me. The factory intake system draws air from outside the engine bay so no point in me fitting cones; plus I don't want the noise either!!

I suppose if the oiled cotton or foam filters were much better in terms of overall performance then we'd be seeing them in high performance cars.

I'm not sure what to suggest as an alternative really. Maybe see if either Mahle UFI makes a filter which fits the airbox in your car? Not that we know if they're inherently superior to the OEM ones you are using.

I assume that OEM filters vary in terms of performance and quality too.

Last edited:
On the Focus' I find the AS CAIS to be the all-round winner and best for performance. I don't know how much room is in yours to make one of these fit or the power to make it worthwhile though but there it is, just a suggestion :p

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back