Remap

cupra r

When a vehicle is remapped, how long would it normally take for it to be fully recognised by the ecu. Some cars are remapped, but they are not instantly noticeable, its only after so many hundered miles of driving that the remap kicks in fully. Please advise. All comments welcome.

I've noticed on my car that after a full reset of the ECU - IE battery off, it takes about 200 miles for the engine to smooth out. It needs to get re-aqainted with the lowest steady engine speed and load averages. It depends on the driver.

I'm curious - why do you ask? Welcome to TorqueCars as well. Nice to see another Cupra owner joining the ranks.

hey and welcome to the site mate.
i would have thought the map would have been noticeable stright away other wise how would you know its been set right.

what age is the cupra in question ? i know the throttle body needs aligned in DBW cars after removal of the battery in a lot of vag cars. otherwise you get a dodgy idle

a company not to mention any names, said it will be a couple of days before the mapping fully picks up. so fingers crossed, i am hoping for some Ferrari Power, on day 3 !

like waynne says it may take a few days for the ECU to fully work out the variables because of having been reset. but you should feel the difference stright away.
cupra r should give at least 20bhp increase

Hi i haven't been on here for a long time but since then i have bought a cupra r 03 reg. I had it re mapped and it made a big differnce as soon as i drove it home, it went from 230 bhp (was supposed to be 225 std) to 270.3 with 274 ftlb torque. took mine to amd but dont think there still going.

The way i see things is that to re-map a car it needs to be dyno'd or test driven at least. Otherwise how the hell can someone be sure that the modification is safe regarding the engine welfare.

ok forgotten about this thread.
been reading up on this remap a few days to work. its to do with the ecu learning the new parameters should take around 500 miles. your only looking at a couple of bhp

denz hey and welcome back. i joined after you left. the forums came on a long way even since i joined. couple of thousand more members new server and new look.

amd are still going as far as i know. did look for them for my bora but its too far to travel.
270 and 274 are pretty good. have you done anything else to it

Welcome Back Denz - we've missed you. Glad you've been busy on your car. Hope you like the new/busier site?

The site is looking good. Only had the dump valve changed for a recirculating one and had a boost gauge fitted, got a coolant leak to look at before i do anything else. Was really pleased with the results of the re map makes a big difference.

Not sure only been losing a small amount, compresion test was fine but failed a dye test for the head gasket, my mechanic said certain types of coolant will trigger the dye though. The oil is still clean and been no loss of power. Have been told it might only be leaking when it's hot and under pressure, but as it's hot it's evaporating off leaving no visble damp patches. Waiting for him to bring his ptessure test gear round. Will not be impressed if it is the head only done 55k.

You might get away with re-torqueing the head bolts if it is only slight. It could indicate some very heavy use - as you say though it is unusual for the head to leak at such a low mileage.