remap

SmartPete

Car
Smart car
Hi Guys

I finally found a company here in South Africa that can and wants to do the remap on my smart. Its Dastek, has anybody heard of them?
They claim that the car should see a gain in hp of 10% with the remap alone, is that a common gain on these cars and can it be a realistic claim?

How much could I expect to gain from a proper decat exhaust and a decent air filter (k&n or similar)?

My main aim is for the car to not be so sluggish on pull off and to have quicker gear changes. A bit faster would also be great.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I dont want to flush my money down the toilet.

Hi Smartpete,

I would think that's a good claim and not unreal at all.

I have a 65hp remap on mine

You will get nothing from the muffler at all, decat or not.
Don't be fooled otherwise, it's only the looks or sound.
Any Improvement will be on different rpms, but you lose in other rpms.

Intake mods are good though, not really a k and N but a whole new intake.

I have made both.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd agree with Coast Steve, the other mods will do little if anything and considering the cost of them are not worth it.

The remap is your best bet and this will certainly pep things up a bit for you.

Yep, Wayne is spot on.

I have also tried a TDC powerbox that you just plug in to the rail on the motor.
It really works well too, plus you can unplug it when heading in for a dealer service.

It's adjustable with a small screw on the side to turn it up or down for power.

Now if you choose a re-map, remember, when at your MB dealer for service, they plug into your port with their computer to read any codes there may be, and perform any electronic updates they may have.
And sometimes they wipe it all clean.
This means no more re-map!.......(it happened to me)

So you need to find the remap person again and reinstall again.
Sometimes there's a charge for this too.

Plus, some dealers will refuse to warranty a car anymore if they find it's remapped (so I hear)

So that's a bit more for you to think about.
Myself, I choose a plug and play box now on top o a special factory remap, I find it safer, and the same power as my old $800 remap.

Steve

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I finally found a company here in South Africa that can and wants to do the remap on my smart. Its Dastek, has anybody heard of them?
They claim that the car should see a gain in hp of 10% with the remap alone, is that a common gain on these cars and can it be a realistic claim?

How much could I expect to gain from a proper decat exhaust and a decent air filter (k&n or similar)?

My main aim is for the car to not be so sluggish on pull off and to have quicker gear changes. A bit faster would also be great.

Any advice would be much appreciated, I dont want to flush my money down the toilet.
Hi Pete did you do it and what was the outcome?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back