recommendations

STI SCOOB

Hello peeps just purchased scooby sti 05 car has had few Modifications md321h turbo fitted + new age sti back box,down pipe with high flow cat car was then remapped ecutek happy with cars performance but not sure if car needs any other Modifications with this spec just want piece of mind really any recommendations

ie turbo timers, boost controllers,bov

Hi there STI scoob and welcome to TorqueCars - nice to have you along.

Its nice to have a car that has already been sorted. The turbo timers are a good idea if you can't be bothered to let the turbo cool off. A boost controller is not really worth doing because the remap will have altered the boost settings anyway.

If you still have the standard intercooler then you can wring a bit more power from a better flowing aftermarket intercooler.

I would focus on the handling - there are some awesome suspension kits around. The only other thing I would think about doing is a big brake disk conversion - stopping is a bit of a priority.

How much power is the car putting down?

Hi wayne thanks for your advice really appreciated
cars left running 20 or so seconds once parked up to cool turbo do l need to leave it longer do you think ! if so might consider timer
car does have standard sti intercooler, getting 340 out of her which lm happy with been thinking about uprating suspension been looking, any recommendations also discs aswell
Also one other thing lm thinking of adding is a switchable remap been in touch with andy forrest to install twin boost as std which stops boy racers wragging the arse out of your pride & joy on test runs.

If you have been driving it really hard you may need 5 minutes or so. Generally if you take the last bit of your journey easy you shouldn't have a problem with heat.

Suspension I am quite sold on the Koni range - get fully adjustable ones and don't drop it too low.

Disk wise I think, Brembros would be your best bet but there are quitea few other brands that perfrorm well on the STi.

Switchable remaps are perfect and just what I am looking for on my A3.

hi,got an 2003 sti,running 365bhp.all ive done is straight through tsl typhoon exhaust(removed cats)replace for mots,front mount intercooler,powertech induction,and ecutek remap by alan jefferies at plymouth.very loud car,but sounds awesome.turbo timers are waste of money,2 mins to let turbo cool after run aint nothing,would you want to walk away from your motor with the engine running with the car theives around today????only thing i would say,and i must get one is a boost controller.factory solenoid one aint man enough to cope with extra horses and cant hold the boost long enough at high revs.

Hi spritey71 yeah know what you mean with turbo timer fitted only end up standin there till engine stops anyway :)
do you remove cat yourself ? thinking of decattin mine

HI lads,

turbo timer's are a waste of money but good for those who dont remember!! With regards to the boost control i would only suggest this if you change the ecu that can run Air injectors due to the ECU being able to use and monitor all,

With the decat there are kits out there that are a decat pipe allowing you to just remove and bolt in, May be worth for ease to ask a exhaust garage to fit it, Not hard to do but don't let the monkeys seal it with exhaust sealent as you will have to replace it for MOT's

I believe the Scooby's do really well with water air intercoolers/ alcohol/water injection

yeah do most my own work,but got a mate who works for subaru(qualified mechanic)does all the big stuff and servicing so book gets stamped.i managed to run the intercooler water spray and fix it all up so it works with the front mount.spray nozzle behind no.plate.not long put a seibon carbon bonnet on too.i think it looks awesome.

i tried but it wont let me.got a whole folder of em.it gleams.polish n wax it twice a month and bits in between.my baby.ten you say,then i can post pics??any quicker way?going out for bit now,reply again later.

Sorry it's the way the forum is setup. Just reply another 6 times to this or any other thread with some light hearted spam and you'll be up to the regulation limit of 10. The polls is a good place for posting to get your count up.;)

Please bear with it - I really want to see the pics.:):)

Sorry it's the way the forum is setup. Just reply another 6 times to this or any other thread with some light hearted spam and you'll be up to the regulation limit of 10. The polls is a good place for posting to get your count up.;)

Please bear with it - I really want to see the pics.:):)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back