Recommendations on which dashboard paint is best

hough

Road Burner
Car
VW T5 swb 2.5tdi
Hey just got myself vw t5 van and i wanna clean up the interior and try and make it look better, emphasize on the word try lol

One of the things im thinking of doing is painting the dashboard and door cards, but as ive never done this before can anyone recommend a make of spray to use???

Use a platsic paint because you dont want to dissolve the plastic.

Key the surface first.

Have you thought of a vinyl wrap?

Im thinking of using the plastikote primer, matt black and gloss black or gloss red, and the plastikote Matt and gloss sealers

Build it up in lots of thin layers leaving each to dry and it should be fine. I've known people to use cans of plastic modelling paint to good effect.

Avoid a high shine finish on a dasboard it can be lethal in the summer.

Flat off the paint between layers as well.

I gonna use a matt or satin black on most of the dash a gloss on some of the trim, my little girl wants me to paint the dashboard black and deep purple so might give that a go, at least it will be different lol

Use a platsic paint because you dont want to dissolve the plastic.

Key the surface first.

Have you thought of a vinyl wrap?
Hi I've just finished my interior on the jumbuck and I used £1 a tin from local cheap shop I'll post a pic if I figure out how use light coats and it shouldn't bother the vinyl finish with a clear coat Matt or gloss for the look you want

Hi I've just finished my interior on the jumbuck and I used £1 a tin from local cheap shop I'll post a pic if I figure out how use light coats and it shouldn't bother the vinyl finish with a clear coat Matt or gloss for the look you want
Hey @Munt I just arrived in the forum and I was looking for some suggestion for my interior. Did you post the pic in some other thread ?

Recommendations on which dashboard paint is best​

need to go for dashboard paints that won't crack, peel or flake and those which last long.Color bond leather, Vinyl and hard plastic refinisher. Also choose a sealant to top it up and give it a good finish. You could also look upto google.
--------

Last edited: