Rebore engine 1592 a 1756 cc fiat twin cam

Cesartwincam

Car
Seat 131 1.6
Hola, me gustaría saber si el motor 1592 cc de fiat twin cam se puede aumentar a 1756 cc poniendo pistones de 84 mm, algunos dicen que si se puede y otros dicen que no se puede porque las paredes de los cilindros quedan muy finos y también he leido que algunos 1592 si se pueden y otros no. Gracias

Hola, would it be possible to post in English, my Spanish speaking is really not very good.

Hello, my question was if the fiat twin cam 1592 engine can be rectified to 1756 cc or if the cylinder wall would be too thin. Are fiat lancia twin cam engines reliable?

For the twin cam engine I see the following specs...

1592cc 80 mm bore 79.2 mm stroke
1608cc 80 mm bore 80 mm stroke
1756cc 84 mm bore 79.2 mm stroke
1995cc 84 mm bore 90 mm stroke

As far as I'm aware they all share the same cast iron block, so it should be possible to rebore it to the larger size as long as you can find the correct pistons.

So you'll need to increase the Bore to 84mm but can keep the same stroke.

The head from a FIat 24 Spider Abarth upgrade is a good option on these blocks.

Gracias por contestar, he leído que los motores 1592 no se pueden perforar a 84 mm porque las paredes de los cilindros son muy delgadas, lo leí en el artículo escrito por la empresa PBS para la preparación de motores fiat twin cam, pero también he leído En el foro T124, un señor dijo que había perforado tres cuadras de 1592 a 1756 y no tenía ningún problema, así que no sé a quién creer, ya que algunos dicen que se puede hacer y otros no. ¿Hay mucha diferencia de potencia entre los carburadores weber 40 idf y weber 40 dcoe? Gracias

Depending on the cylinder spacing / separation you may be able to increase the bore diameter with sleeves to allay any potential thin wall issues that can occur due to the sand casting moving during the casting process and the cylinder spacing and wall thickness not being equal in all places when the final machining is carried out.

FYI sleeves are usually a better grade of metal than the factory cast block.

Last edited: