Rear spoiler help!

FreshAddict

Car
206 1.4 S TD
Just bought an original gti spoiler to go on my 206 hdi, and managed to pick up some sp wheel arches too for next to nothing, there black as well which is awesome. I know the wheel arches clip on, but where do I get the clips from and are they dear?!

Also how do I fit the spoiler? I've heard of a strong bonding glue but I'm just wondering with it being OEM+ does it just bolt right on?

Help appreciated!

Hi. As it is OEM, I would have thought there would be a fitting kit for it, which would be the best way to go as it will be easy to remove if required.

There are many glues available now that will fix the spoiler to the boot. These glues are stronger than the spoiler material so it wont fall off if glued properly.

Cheers og, been looking at glues and it seems tigerseal is a good one. will I need to inform my insurance company even though pug sold it as a sports pack? Or will it not matter as its OEM?

If gluing, make sure that the surfaces are clean and grease free. Also, make sure that you leave adhesive in the joint by not pushing down too hard. Too thin a joint will break.

clean with a strong mix of washing up liquid then wipe with rubbing alchol to ensure all greases are off.

tigerseal is good stuff

and yes you do need to inform your insurance company, yes it is an OEM part but as it didnt come from the factory like that then it is a modification. some insurer might not be bothered so will add a premuim