Rear parking sensor E39

Doubt it tbh mate, unless you can gently pry it off with a flathead. You might be able to get under the car and pop it out as well.

This is me we're talking about :) I'll leave well alone, the other 3 work fine and I don't need them anyway. I just have a slight OCD about things that don't work perfectly.

This is me we're talking about :) I'll leave well alone, the other 3 work fine and I don't need them anyway. I just have a slight OCD about things that don't work perfectly.

Just have a look mate. It could be something very simple, for example a clip that has come out of place.

The official line is that it's bumper off to remove them. And it looks like it as well. The other 3 are fine and I don't really need 'em.

Someone suggested drowning it in WD40 to drive out any water whcih might have made it's way in over ten years.

I think that's the posts I read a couple of days ago. Might give it a go at some point. The PDC still works unless you reverse toward something really narrow (like Victoria Beckham, for example) which is facing the failing sensor. You get an early warning but as the obstruction gets closer it stops beeping. So it must be working to a point.

The WD40 bath sounds like the place to start - for the PDC device, not for Mrs Beckham.

I recently heard David and Victoria referred to as 'Thick and Thin' on a BBC Radio 4 programme (can't remember which).

Nasty perhaps, but very possibly not totally devoid of truth.

:lol:

Didn't they get thrones in thier home at one point?

"People in Crass houses shouldn't stow thrones!" was the headline.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back