Re; Which brake lines are the best?

Not really, they all seem to do the same range of colours. Not sure about blackdiamond lines, never heard of anybody using them. Stick with the tried and tested brands if I were you.

Do these flexible lines constitute a mod' when it comes to insurance? If they're E marked then they should be allowed as replacement parts without need to disclose to insurers.

Are they radically superior to the OEM lines? I have no idea what's on the BMW I'm currently driving, other than that they are factory standard items. Do some makers use better OEM hoses than others, perhaps?

Braided lines are stainless steel. Expand less than standard rubber lines and will be more resistant to corrosion. The benefits of them are tiny from a braking point of view, but why not have the whole package.

No idea of the insurance implications. They are an upgrade so best just to declare them anyway.

they need to be declared

Hel get my vote as well

wouldnt advise drilled discs however. instead spend the money on decent pads they will do alot more braking wise than your discs will

Braided lines are stainless steel. Expand less than standard rubber lines and will be more resistant to corrosion. The benefits of them are tiny from a braking point of view, but why not have the whole package.

No idea of the insurance implications. They are an upgrade so best just to declare them anyway.

So is it still a flexible rubber hose but wrapped in uniform SS braid to contain the flexing/balooning? I ask simply because I genuinely don't know how these hoses are constructed.

Perhaps I should just buy one hose and take it to bits in order to find out ???

On a standard audi or similar I would agree 100% especially on a smallish car
Uprating bakes is exactly the same as uprating the engine - If its a major upgrade you need to do the whole package,
So if you need serious brakes ( not just better pads or grooved discs) then braided hoses are a must as well as better brake fluid.
I fitted an AP Racing set up - 355mm discs and 6 pot calipers with ATE super blue brake fluid ( doesnt boil unless you are truely insane :evil:) I also needed a brake stop to prevent the bulkhead flexing .

Just try a car with standard brakes round a track
The difference is whether they still work the same on the third or forth lap. If they do you are not quick enough.

I see hel do a braided titanium line kit which is ment to be the best and I should think so too as its over twice the price of the normal S/S type. I dont know how the diffrent materials affect the performance??!!

Best ? well this usually means without regard to cost
Titannium is more expensive than ss to produce and obviously this has a big impact on the price.

Titanium is often used in exhausts for cutting down weight . There is no difference in the performance of the product but lighter means faster and the higher you go up the scale the harder it is to improve so this can be important . So a titanium system is better than a ss one

I suspect this will be the same reason for the "best" brake lines because I have never heard of a ss one failing.

However on anything but a track car car it will make no difference to the car. On the plus side course you can tell everyone down the pub you have titanium brake lines

The weight saving of titanium over stainless pipes is tiny and the reserve of the rich rally/racing team who are looking for every last gram or the loony twit who has become anal regarding his car's weight....................anyone know who makes them? :)