Re-Mapping my Audi A4 Quattro Sport

howky

Car
Audi Quattro A4
Hello to all , im after some advise as to wether having a re-map is worth it. At the moment i have a 52 plate silver A4 1.9 TDI Quattro Sport estate which has already got a chip fitted which is "piggy backed" i can switch the chip on or off. There is also an external intercooler fitted. Performance is good especially when 3,000 rpm is reached and above. fuel economy is around 35 mpg in cities on the motorway can reach up to 50 mpg. It is high mileage 170,000 but has had a full Audi service history. Ive had the car 3 months and had the cam belt replaced and water pump. I really like the car. Ive telephoned a few who offer re-maps and prices are from £200 upwards theres a place in Irlam ( Manchester)which has been recommened to me. They specilize in Re-Maps turbo enhancements etc (Rolling Road) Any help or adice will be grateful

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

A remap is the top mod you can do, especially if you get a custom remap done. It will almost certainly make the car more economical and you'll get a massive mid range thump of extra Torque.

What sort of piggyback device does it have? Is it one of those cheap resistors that change the air intake temp?

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!
Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

the place in manchester will be Awesome GTI. i can confirm that they are very good at what they do.
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/

they have recently switched from APR to Revo which give more power

i would say it that the millage is starting to get on a bit so you might have to be more careful with it but itll run better than your piggy back one which is just fooling the ECU

welcome to the site