Re Mapping a 1999 XJR

what engine ?
you may find the 99 could be too old to be mapped it may require the chip being removed and changed for one with a performance map on it

ok i can see why you want the economy map for that then,
not sure ive tried to look and see what i could find
couldnt find a thing not even a performace map. try giving superchips a call see if theyve got anthing

Doing some head work and getting the air to swirl into the cylinders will make for a more efficient burn. You could also run a hotter thermostat, higher temp = lower power and greater economy. Weight reduction will also see some MPG gains.

What sort of mileage has the car done?

Shouldnt you have thought about economy before you bought the car.
Best economy tool i find is how heavy your right foot is

Hi , this Macho ,you might want to check out ,paramont perfromance or eurotoys ,they my have what your looking for .

Flog it and pick up an X350 4.2 nasp instead. Slightly down on power, but because it it much lighter (150kg or so) with better aero and a slightly less stupid autobox it's as quick in everyday driving. Mid 30s mpg on the motorway too.

4.2 Supercharged isn't down on power from the 4.0. I've removed the cats from mine, improved airflow and removed rear mufflers. Can tell there's lots more power there to get from engine but finding a reliable source of remapped chips or someone down here in New Zealand to reliably do it without having to mortgage my life is a mission

The car's worth it though, I love my 2006 X350. Smile every time I drive her, even with bad economy and a good 1.5-2second lag from stomping on gas pedal until she picks up and goes!

8 year old thread where the person you are talking to hasnt been here for 8 years....
Suspicious activity is suspicious....

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back