Re-Mapped 1.3 cdti Combo Van

djkwikfit

Car
Mazda 3 Sport
Hi Guy`s. My Mate has a Vauxhall Combo D Mk111 1.3cdti 2015, Now it was Brilliant when he Bought it just over a year ago, However he got it Re-Mapped Locally for £200, He was happy & told me his Fuel Consumption had improved but he didnt feel the extra power boost, that we both experienced with my old Peugeot 307 after i got it re-mapped from the same person. However one day a few months later he was heading to a job when suddenly on the Motorway his Timing Chain Snapped. Anyway im gonna Cut a Long Story Short, He got it Repaired for £1800 which Consisted of New Chain / Radiator / Head Gasket / Head Skimmed / new sump / etc etc. The Garage gave him a Warranty, but before it expired,the van Overheated, So my M8 took it back & left it with him. The Mechanic said it could be a crack on the Block. My M8 left it with him for another 2wks, Took another £1400 of him said "the engine block was twisted " My M8 drove it away & again got a warranty but once again before it expired the van started loosing water. My Question to you all is Simple " Could the Re-Map be the Cause although i know these A13FD engines are soft and made by fiat & only good for a Florist, ie not much weight in the back, Someone told me they never remap any diesel engines below 1.7 ? Any Advise Welcomed Please as my M8 has just Purchased a new 2nd hand engine & i would hate to see him break it because of the Remap ? Thanks in Advance. Ian in Scotland

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back