re-map or not!

rgodri1

Car
ibiza cupra 1.4tsi
Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit of info regarding re-maps, can any one reccomend where I can get a re-map in the Staffordshire area for my ibiza cupra 1.9pd, also would there be much point? It already struggles for grip in the wet now so whats the point of more wheel spin? Can any one offer advice as to what benefits I would gain. Thanks.

Hi all, I'm hoping for a bit of info regarding re-maps, can any one reccomend where I can get a re-map in the Staffordshire area for my ibiza cupra 1.9pd, also would there be much point? It already struggles for grip in the wet now so whats the point of more wheel spin? Can any one offer advice as to what benefits I would gain. Thanks.

the benefits are better fuel consumption and more smiling when you plant your foot in the dry, wheelspin is controlled by your foot mate, them ibizas are rapid when mapped

A few of us on here have remapped 1.9pds and yep, if you mash the accelerator into the floor in the wet then yep, you'll get wheelspin. But if you're progressive with the throttle and don't go full until you're rollinh you'll be fine. You'll get more power, more torque and better cruising mpg.

Definitely get it remapped mate, I had a PD170 mapped by jabba sport which do an off the shelf package for a stage 1 map which I've got to admit was pretty awesome and good for just over 200bhp.

If you are going further in the future though I would always go for a custom remap with a rolling road and someone who knows what they are doing as this will pay dividends in the now as well as in the future.

P.s. - if you want to get the best from the map maybe speak to the team and see if you can get yourself a custom exhaust which shouldn't cost too much and a decent panel filter before getting the map done, you will get more from it if the car is able to breathe better.

wheelspin - getting better tyres will help.
remember the increase in power and torque will help in the higher gears where wheelspin isnt an issue.

Any car will spin the wheels in the wet! In the wet, don't push the throttle so hard. Anyone who uses full throttle in the wet on the highway is an idiot.

I don't know this car, but if it is fitted with a turbo a decent remap will normally see approx 40% increase in BHP and torque.

That's a good shout from Sleeper, if you get the map done first the later mods can basically undo all the good work and hinder the performance rather than improve it, an obvious one but still something we all forget!! Good shout sir!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back