Rb25det swap questions

PKnFR

Tuner
Car
'88 300ZX Turbo Z31
To make a long story short, I have a 1972 Datsun 240Z and the motor has to go. I want to put a RB25DET into it and the one im interested in includes

- motor
- 5-speed RWD tranny
- ignitor chip
- cam angle sensor
- intake manifold
- exhaust manifold
- fuel rail
- injectors
- ECU
- alternator
- starter
- engine wiring harness

I know I'll need engine mounts, but what else would i need?

Are both engines inline or transverse? It sounds like you've covered all the bases here. I doubt the old 240 rear diff will be able to handle the power though so I'd suggest an upgrade to a Torsen Diff or something a bit more solid.

they're both inline 6 (i completely over looked the differential). Its a turbo, but would it need an intercooler? My 88 300zx turbo has no intercooler stock.

Thanks, I appreciate it. My L24 motor had this weird issue where the needle "waves" and 4000RPM then drops. Then I took the Datsun to an electric shop to get the headlights, etc, to work and now there is no power. I can floor it and it will take a good 10 seconds to rev to 4000RPM (its not even in gear). So i figured I'd get a better motor, that i know fits, and seems to be what most are doing.

Any opinions, ideas, comments?

I hope to do as much as I can, IF i can. Im very weird about taking my car to shops to let other people work on it. I actually reset the trip meter after I drop it off to see if they were joy riding in my car. (My dad's dealer would fix one thing and break another everytime he took it out there).

That is why i am trying to figure out everything I need. The car is not my daily driver, but will be soon enough, hence my want to have everything on hand when i start. Im not building the motor from scratch, but putting it all in will still be quite the process.