Rare chance to use a fog light

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I had a rare opportunity to use my fog lights today. Visibility was down to pretty much 30 feet in places and I even had to slow up.

Sadly most drivers have been using their fog lights in rain and drizzle or if their windscreen was slightly misted up!

I don't think people realise just how bad it has to get before it is appropriate to use fog lights.

how about those snow light as well. there almost like fog lights but you put them on when it starts snowing !!!!!!!!

how many switch off their rear fog if someones behind them ?

In London if you have a BMW, Lexus, Merc Coupe, then front fog lights have to be permanently switched on! even on a clear night without a drop of rain, fog, sleet or snow in sight! :amazed:

As this is a family friendly forum, oh those naughty chaps! :)

how about those snow light as well. there almost like fog lights but you put them on when it starts snowing !!!!!!!!

how many switch off their rear fog if someones behind them ?

If it needs to be on the they can get further back as far as I am concerned.

I don't use fog lamps much, and the front ones have to be on for the back to be available for use.

The front ones did prove quite handy in the snow as they cast a low spread of light close to the car. Quite helpful in determining where the kerb stones were when they were buried under snow.

Alot of people dont use them in fog probably dont know how to trun them on.

They don't know how to turn the things off either !!!!!

I think that people who drive about in poor visibility with no lights on are the ones who don't think I'd like to be able to see them more than fifty feet ahead. That's because they never, ever, look even that far ahead.

That's because they don't think. That, in turn, is because they're clueless idiots.

Further, I wonder how they get through their daily lives without forgetting to draw breath.

A good example of surplus population.

Last edited by a moderator: