Radio sunglasses, engine on

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What order do you do things when you get in your car?

I start the engine and then put on the radio and sunglasses but I've seen a lot of people doing this in a different order, radio and sunglasses first and then they start the engine?

What do you do then?

Start engine first.

That way the oil can start circulating ready for the off.

Start engine, put on A/C and wait for a minute with the fan on full blast and windows open to drive out the hot air inside the car, then drive off.

Always engine first. I've just gone out to the car to check what happens next. It turns out that it's always seatbelt next.

Radio usually stays off, rarely use them.

No A/C in the Seat; in the P the N it was climate regulated systems so nothing to do there.

Never wear sunglasses so I have to kill half a minute doing bugger all.

Stationary brake pedal test? Adjust mirrors? Look around sagely, pretending I really am doing something very important?

I've just realised my next thing is taken as everything out of my pockets apart from mobile phone :lol: Can't bare to drive with anything in my pocket.

I've just realised my next thing is taken as everything out of my pockets apart from mobile phone :lol: Can't bare to drive with anything in my pocket.

It either gets lost down the back or the sides of the seat or tries to cut off blood supply to the legs if it remains in pockets.

Ever driven with bare feet?

Get in, engine on (the key has a function so you don't need to twist and hold it to get the engine started), while the starter motor is doing its thing... seatbelt on, radio on, sunglasses and we're off.

Engine on, watch to see how little fuel I have (Doesn't matter how often I fill up, I have quite a thirsty car) followed by my seatbelt, radio comes on automatically, then if it is the one lucky day of the year we have sun up here, Ill dust off my sunglasses and put them on!

Get in faf with 3 point harness, start engine leave it running for as long as I dare before pulling off & waking the entire street :embarrest: Turn up tunes once out of ear shot :bigsmile:

Think I need a quieter exhuast.

Get in faf with 3 point harness, start engine leave it running for as long as I dare before pulling off & waking the entire street :embarrest: Turn up tunes once out of ear shot :bigsmile:

Think I need a quieter exhuast.

nope you neighbors need to get quadruple glazing:amuse:

Engine first let it tick over for a bit then on with the sunglasses. The radio is usually on anyway so I don't turn it on but it comes on with the engine.