Racing tank injection set up query

I want to remove my current tank as im caring too much fuel on track. My question is what do i need, Do i need a tank with swirl pot? Or can i use a foam filled tank as im trying to eliminate fuel sloshing about. Ive no idea when it comes to this im allowed an aftermarket set up and will use a tank with approx 12 litres. Looking at one like this ** Removed URL as per our T&C's** Any information much welcomed on this thanks. Car is 1.6i.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. You don't need a swirl pot but they are advisable, especially if a lot of fuel is being sent back to the tank from the injectors.

A swirl pot won't stop fuel sloshing about, a heavily baffled or foam filled tank is required for that.

Suggestion:
Fit a tank just big enough to hold the fuel required for the longest event you plan to enter with a 1.5l swirl pot as a reserve.

Reactions: Teo
That's great news I do want to fit a tank that will have enough for race but sometimes with restart may require more, better to have too much than run out as ive seen that happen guys nothing worse. So i can use the foam filled tank once im not concerned about it running dangerously low. Fuel pump aftermarket ? race fuel pump yes?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back